Founded in 2012 by certified tea sommelier and passionate entrepreneur Jennifer Commins, Pluck first set out on a mission to fix tea in Toronto restaurants. Today, Pluck is known as a leading source for premium tea in Toronto, and provides signature infusions for leading restaurants, hotels, offices and retail partners from coast to coast in Canada. All of their products are blended and packaged locally in their facility in midtown Toronto, and they ship worldwide to a growing network of wholesale and retail customers.
Pluck Tea’s founder and tea sommelier travels the world sourcing premium tea leaves from sustainable sources, and then adds unique local ingredients like Prince Edward County Lavender, Muskoka cranberries, blueberries, and grape skins from Southbrook Vineyards in Niagara. The result: one-of-a-kind premium teas that offer a truly unique and delicious taste of place.
They have been honoured by the international tea community at the 2017 Global Tea Championship with the silver medal for our Verbena Blues tea – a tea with locally grown lemon verbena that changes colour – and that challenges the notion of ‘tea as usual’.
We hope you enjoy their teas as much as they enjoy making them.
- The Ontario Culinary Tourism Alliance has recognized Pluck Tea as the exclusive Preferred Purveyor for teas and infusions for the Feast ON program – a designation that recognizes foodservice establishments that source locally.
- Proud members of Tea Association of Canada, the worldwide certification body for Tea Sommeliers, that leads the industry in education and research.
- Our organics are fully verified and certified by Pro-Cert. We seek organically grown ingredients wherever possible, and prioritize local sources that follow organic principles.
- Recognized by the Tea Association of Canada and the US, with the Sustainability Award at the North American Tea Conference in 2018.
- Recognized by the global tea community by bringing home the silver medal at the 2017 Global Tea Championship for our Verbena Blues tea!
- Runner – Up – NOW Toronto’s Reader’s Choice 2016 – Best Tea in Toronto.